Software Freedom Day Mumbai 2013
On Saturday 21st September is the Software Freedom Day across the world. Celebrate Software Freedom with us at IIT Bombay. The function will be held at IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, India on Saturday, 21st September 2013 at 3pm (timing may change) Onwards. Register here www.sfd.org.in/register now to attend, registration is free.
Our vision is to empower all people to freely connect, create and share in a digital world that is participatory, transparent, and sustainable.
1) To celebrate software freedom and the people behind it
2) To foster a general understanding of software freedom, and encourage adoption of free software and open standards
3) To create more equal access to opportunities through the use of participatory technologies
4) To promote constructive dialogue on responsibilities and rights in the information society
5) To be inclusive of organizations and individuals that share our Vision
6) To be pragmatic, transparent, and responsible as an organisation